Adopt a Film Team!
We are seeking local businesses and individuals to support one of 3 film teams each semester beginning in 2013. This is a unique opportunity to give back to Maui’s youth, raise awareness about local environmental issues, and enjoy the results at our summer youth film festival.
- Encourages youth participation & leadership in addressing environmental issues
- Teaches practical life skills like time management, team work, & accountability
- Develops filmmaking & interview skills
- Connects youth with their community & encourages stewardship of their local environment
- Gives students an unique opportunity to reflect & share their story with community members
For more information of the Huliau Environmental Filmmaking Club, click here.
How YOU can help!
Sustainability is a core value of MHF. We not only instill this value in our students, but also let it guide both our programs and our financial philosophy. This is why in developing each of our programs, our main concern is ensuring that we have a viable plan to financially sustain that program for years to come.
We depend on community-minded businesses and individuals like you to help us make our students dreams a reality and to keep our program affordable to students of all income levels. We work hard to recruit a diverse group of students, the majority of which are from low-income families. We are also proud to have involved students from 12 different schools in our first year of program!